My Care Solution was presented as a Finalist in the prestigious Office for Ageing Well Tackling Ageism Award by Cassie Mason, Director, Office for Ageing Well at the 2021 South Australian Community Achievement Awards Presentation ceremony held at the Hilton Adelaide, on Saturday 20th November.
The Awards were hosted by Mike Smithson, 7NEWS Personality and 400 guests gathered from across the State including official guest and Patron of the Awards Hon Michelle Lensink MLC, Minister for Human Services to celebrate South Australia’s high achievers and community contributors.
My Care Solution of Campbelltown (MCS) believes older people have so much to contribute. MCS has partnered with the Department of Innovation and Skills in South Australia to deliver the state’s first Mature Age Traineeship program in the aged care industry. They have received 150 applications from mature age individuals seeking meaningful and ongoing employment. In September 2021, fifteen mature aged trainees graduated from the program.
The twelve category winners are:
• Unyime Jasper – Office for Ageing Well Tackling Ageism Award
• Road Trauma Support Team SA – Jones Harley Toole Community Road Safety Award
• Out & About Clothing – Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
• Growing with Gratitude – Breakthrough Mental Health Research Foundation Innovation in Mental Health, Social and Emotional Wellbeing Award
• Yorke Peninsula Community Care and Transport – Rural Doctors Workforce Agency Rural Community Health and Wellbeing Award
• Australian Native Food Co. – Minister for Innovation and Skills Small Business Award
• UnitingSA Taperoo Community Centre – Community Centres SA The Loneliness Cure Award
• Fitzroy Community Club – Woolworths Sports in the Community Award
• With Love Formalwear – Australian Dental Foundation Community Welfare Innovation Award
• Ian Ward – Carers SA Carer Achievement Award
• RSL Care SA – Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
Winners each received a $1,000 Bartercard account, $500 cash and a $500 Woolworths voucher.
Janine Warren was announced as the People’s Choice Award Winner and received a $500 Bartercard travel voucher thanks to Awards Australia.
The Awards night culminated a tremendously successful year with over 200 nominations received from across South Australia.